More about this website
After eleven years, my knowledge of Internet, web-design, on-line promotion and SEO is now quite good.
Definitely I have learned a lot working on my old website and now on ArtphotoasiA.
I experiment new ideas and pages in a sort of training ground.
Since 2008 I started to use my skills to create several websites, and finally it becomes my real job.
ArtphotoasiA has followed all my changes, my character, my art, my thoughts, my ideas.
I strongly suggest using Firefox or Chrome to visit and appreciate the web site, and I take this opportunity to remember that older browsers IE 6.0 and lower screen resolutions of 1024 x 768 are no longer supported. Is required, though not essential, the Flash plugin installed in your browser.
- 2000 I started to work on a personal website, I haven’t been in Southeast Asia yet and the website was just a dummy my-page, written only in Italian language and hosted on a free platform. I have done those first pages using Netscape Composer with few or none knowledge of html language (or any other language).
- 2000 July seven I arrived in Bangkok, the first time, the change was there.
- 2001 I decided to move the website to the next level when I registered the first real domain and hosting with an Italian provider. It was the first milestone, then I started to use Dreamweaver, and I designed all the layout and graphic.
- 2002 the website started to became something more than just a personal page, but a sort of virtual container for all my photo works. Photography started to be a serious hobby, my trips in Asia started to be more frequent.
- In February 2003 I moved to live in Thailand for five years, the layout of the website has been renewed, improved and translated into English.
- 2004/2005 the web site won some awards for amateur web design, my knowledge of Dreamweaver and html code came finally at a good level.
- 2006/2007 opened an e-commerce section of the website to sale Asian and Thai handicrafts, it started my experience in Web Marketing and I had the first impact with Shopping Cart like CubeCart and WordPress as CMS
- 2008 March fifteen following a number of reasons and circumstances of life I returned to Italy.
- 2008 during the summer and fall I worked rewriting the whole code and making the layout of the site compliant with W3C specification and completely free of tables using only CSS. I closed the old site and domain.
- 2009 January the first, after several months of work, the web site with the new code and the new domain www.artphptoasia.net is on-line!
- 2009/2010 during the year working on ArtphotoasiA and making other websites for customers of mine I refined my technical knowledge in several field like XHTML, CSS, SEO in particular giving more space to the blog starting also to fight with PHP.
- 2010/2011 December to January, after careful consideration and various past experiences, I realized in record time ArtphotoasiA 2.0.
- 2011 in Febbruary ArtphotoasiA 2.0. is on-line; graphically and technically a completely new web site.
I insisted with the use of gray tones to enhance the color photos that are the whole point.
The site is completely in English.
The blogs and photo galleries are gathered in a single CMS structure, a platform enhanced with several plugins and modifications.
- 2011 in May I started the full translation of ArtphotoasiA 2.0. into Italian, completed by the end of June.
- 2011 in July I kept going with improvements of existing pages, and I have also created several new pages in the section Web Resources of the website.
- 2011 in October I add to ArtphotoasiA 2.0. a free niche directory regarding Art, Photography, Southeast Asia, Eastern Asia, Southern Asia, Globalization, Travels. A valuable resource constantly checked.